Tuesday 28 February 2017

Anastasia X Nicole Guerriero ~ Glow Kit


The second this palette was revealed, I knew I had to have it in my collection. The colours were absolutely stunning and for some reason, it spoke to me. I'm sure other makeup junkies would understand... like yourself! You feel me... It's not even because I have been a follower of Nicole's for a few years now, for even if her name wasn't on this palette I would still need it in my life. Keep in mind, too, that I don't own any of the other Anastasia Glow Kits. Something about this palette just hit me, and hit me hard. 

For those of you who don't know, Nicole Guerriero is a YouTuber from Tampa, FL. She's been making videos for over 7 years I believe, which means that she is an OG in the community. Not only is she amazingly talented with beauty makeup, she also has incredible Halloween tutorials that gets the world excited. Behind all of this talent is a personality that you are sure to love. Plus she loves cats.... so she's great in my books. 


This palette is a set of six stunning highlighters that can be customized to fit almost any skintone. I, myself, am fairly pale but I think I should be able to get away with four of the shades as is, and all of the shades if I mix them with Forever Lit. Forever Lit is a white highlighter with a slight blue reflect in it, however in my photo's it is coming off more blue/green. I was so excited to get this up for you guys that I had to take product shots at work which means that lighting is limited to office lights. Please forgive me! When I first opened it, I was in awe of the gorgeous colours that it offers, especially that orange shade. It will be hard for me to pull off with my skintone, but I will find a way to make that work. You can't own something that stunning and just let it sit there. When I looked a little closer I did notice that these highlighters are swimming with glitter. This always scares me as I'm going to be 30 this year and the last thing I want is to be walking down the street with glitter flying everywhere. However, when I applied this to my cheek to test them out, the glitter didn't look chunky. It just gives your skin a beautiful, almost wet looking, effect. As I mentioned, I don't have any of the other Glow Kits so I'm not able to compare to previous ones, however I can say that I will be keeping this palette and I am so excited to play with it over the next few weeks.

Swatches in artificial, office lighting.

 Swatches in natural lighting on a gloomy day.

Can you imagine those gold tones in the summer on bronzed skin? Mmm mmm mmmmmmmm! I can't wait. Until then they will make phenomenal eyeshadows to help make my green eyes pop. That's another thing I love about this palette. If any shades are too light or too dark for you, you can easily use them as eyeshadow. Can you imagine some of these on the inner corner? GIRL! 

Nicole and ABH, you both did an incredible job collaborating on this. The palette is stunning.

This palette will become available online at Sephora.ca/Sephora.com/Anastasiabeverlyhills.com this Friday, March 3rd and will be $52 (CDN) and I believe $40 (USD), but I need to confirm US pricing. It won't be in stores until March 15th, which feels like forever away! My suggestion is order it online, get it to you as quickly as possible, and start playing! 

As always, I want to know your thoughts! Did you grab this palette? What shade are you most excited about? Tell me! I'm dying to talk to someone about this... I think Will is getting tired of my makeup talk.... poor guy. You can find me on Instagram @cherrytrish, Twitter @cherrytrish17, and even SnapChat which is simply CherryTrish. I am always swatching and snapping.

If you want to check out Nicole Guerriero, you can find her at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/nguerriero19
Instagram: @nicoleguerriero
Twitter: @nguerriero19
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nguerriero19/

Until next time, goodnight my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment