Sunday 31 December 2017

New Year... New You?

With the fresh start to the New Year upon us, millions of people around the world will start making promises to themselves that they, most likely, will break within the first 30 days. I find that most people (myself included) have wanted to drastically change themselves over night just because we changed the last digit of the year. But, like any goal, if you set your eyes on the end result and focus on that too closely, you might get completely overwhelmed and instead of taking two steps forward you end up taking ten steps back. I have fallen into this category before. A few times actually. Sometimes, it sets us up for disaster.

However, if we determine what we want our end goal to be, or even the general direction that we want to go, we can start to map out the steps involved in getting us there. Personally, when I lay things out into smaller, bite size steps it makes it so much easier to tackle the giant goal that I want to reach. Whether it’s to lose weight, to climb Mount Everest, to move to a foreign county… any goal you have can be broken down into more manageable steps.

For example, I am currently obtaining my MakeUp Artistry Certification through SeneGence. In order to be certified, you must master many different makeup application techniques as well as be knowledgeable in products and the science of skin care. When thinking about everything required to become certified, it can be very overwhelming. However, if you break up the goal into manageable tasks, you can stay focused, stay on track, and obtain the goal. I have broken this out into categories such as eye shadow techniques (how to make eyes appear larger, rounder, smaller, etc) blush techniques (depending on face shape) science of skin (oily/normal/dry/combo) and so on. By focusing on each of these categories, one at a time, I am able to obtain the information and take the steps required to get my booty certified!

So, this New Year, instead of making a big, bold statement on a “New You” you want to become, maybe make a smaller promise to yourself that you won’t get overwhelmed with. Or, if you do go bold and make a big promise, break it into smaller, bite size chunks that won’t be overwhelming. Whatever it is that you want to do, I hope you do it! I hope you achieve any goal you put your mind to. You can do anything!

Until next time, goodnight my friends!

Xo
CherryTrish

No comments:

Post a Comment