Thursday 8 December 2016

A Sweet Little Introduction and A Little US Trip...

I have wanted to start a blog or vlog for quite some time now. About 3 years to be exact. But, what would I post about? What do I love? What fills my head day in and day out? That's what I will be putting here. Usually it's make up and skin care. I am OBSESSED! I could talk about beauty all day, every day, with anyone. My poor boyfriend gets the brunt of it, but he listens like a champ. He is even beginning to use some of the terminology. Just the other day I kissed him and he asked if my lipstick transferred onto him. I was honestly so proud. But I also love baking and crafts and yes, even the paranormal. Whatever fills my head, my fingers will type.

Now that you know what you can expect here, maybe I should do a quick introduction. Hi guys! I'm Trish! I'm a 29 year old woman from southern Ontario, Canada. Yes, it's cold here. No, I don't own a pet moose. Or a polar bear. Or a beaver. I love being Canadian. The food here is amazing (hello poutine!) and the people are pretty friendly. 

The one thing that is disappointing is the frustration that comes with beauty products that are only available in the U.S. or only shipped from the U.S. Having to pay ridiculous shipping costs along with customs fees can add up quickly. Suddenly a $5 eyeshadow turns into an $7 eye shadow (with the currency exchange), plus $20 shipping, plus $25 for customs.... that affordable eyeshadow suddenly gets bumped up into the high end territory. Why pay all of that money when I can just get an $8 eyeshadow pan from MAC at a store 30 minutes away? Now, I won't get into the MAC debate right now... that will be for another day.

With that being said I do feel pretty fortunate as I'm about 2hrs from the U.S. border. From time to time I will visit some friends who live on the cusp and we will spend the day scooping up coveted items. On my last adventure I finally got my hands on the J.One Jelly Pack from Sephora. Korean skincare has really started to intrigue me. This Jelly Pack had been on my wishlist for months, yet it never came to Sephora Canada. I was lucky enough to scoop it up while I was there. I have been testing it out over the past week or so and I do like it. Do i think it's life changing? No. Would I make the trip back for another when this runs out? ...... Maybe. I think I want to give it a full-month test run... just to be sure. First impression sort of fell flat for me, but first impressions aren't always correct. This is a "makeup gripper" as opposed to a primer, which is what most of us are used to. Once I get a better feel for the product, I will for sure be giving you guys an update.



I did also pick up some Tony Moly face masks. Again, I'm living for Korean skincare lately. I had grabbed four of them to try. I have given the Makgeolli Skin Purifying Sheet Mask a go and I loved it! It made such a huge difference. Over the past few months I have been really loving sheet masks. Before I didn't think they made a difference but I was either using the wrong ones or they have really stepped up their game. I have Coffee Break with Dani to thank for that. EDIT: I have actually found a retailer in Canada who sells some Tony Moly products.... score!



Those are just a few more recent items that I have purchased lately. As I try new things I will be writing about them. Now, I am not a makeup artist. Let me make that clear. I am just a girl who has developed an interest obsession with all things beauty related. I enjoy talking about products to see what worked for others and what didn't. I love knowing about new products, old products, basically any products! Any excuse to talk about it is good enough for me.

If you ever want to start a conversation about beauty, or anything really, you can reach out to me on Twitter @cherrytrish17 or Instagram @cherrytrish. 

Until next time, goodnight my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment