Tuesday 20 December 2016

Special Delivery!

It's been a rough week, personally. Doesn't it seem like everything always happens all at once? Good or bad... when it rains, it pours. I shouldn't say it's been a rough week... more or less just overwhelming. Although the most positive news during this chaotic storm is that I will be getting a sister! My brother proposed to his girlfriend last night which is pretty amazing. I'm excited to have her officially be part of our family.

So, after almost a week of patiently (for the most part) waiting, I received my TooFaced Sweet Peach order. Now, part of me was nervous to open it because there has been so much hype around this palette since the Spring when it first launched. Almost nothing in this world will live up to it's hype, however with the Morphe surprise we just had, I was liking my chances. 


I obviously had to start with the eyeshadow palette. It honestly has the most beautiful colours in it. Some people argue that it is a Spring/Summer palette, but I won't let that stop me. Depending on how you use it, you can use almost any palette, any time. This eyeshadow palette smells absolutely incredible. A combination of peach juice, peach rings and peach schnapps, all of which I enjoy. The scent does linger, but I don't find it too strong once applied to the eye. So far I am enjoying this palette much more than the Chocolate BonBons palette, but then again this one is brand new. I did some quick swatches tonight. The lighting isn't the best, but it gives you an idea of what you'd be working with. These are one swipe in the pan, one swipe on my arm. 



The lighter shades on the right in the bottom photo have a hard time showing up because of my skin colouring, but they are beautiful. No shades were chalky and all seemed very smooth and blendable. I played with a couple of different eye looks tonight using as many shades as I could. So far I haven't found a shade that I don't like. As I create more looks I will be posting them on my Instagram so that you can get some ideas on how you can combine the colours. As much as I wish I could create the eye looks the beauty gurus post tutorials on, I have a hard time following. My eyes are very hooded and my crease is never able to be seen. Therefore, I have to create a crease using eye contouring techniques. I work on these more and more everyday and it's learning trial-by-error. Having incredible eyeshadows makes learning much easier. So does having good quality tools. I recommend this palette to anyone who is drawn to it. If you see colours here that inspire you and get you feeling creative, then that is a palette you need in your collection. I know I will be reaching for this all the time, no matter what season we are in.

I also purchased the Sweet Peach Creamy Peach Oil Lip Gloss in Peach Tease. Whew. That was a mouthful. The peach scent in this lip gloss is much more intense than the eyeshadows, but I really enjoy it. I don't find the gloss sticky at all, but I do find it very moisturizing which is just what I need during the winter. My lips can get so dry this time of year, even with using a moisturizing lip scrub every few days and an intense balm every night before bed. Having something like this in my purse will work wonders when I need a little boost. This particular colour is medium coverage with high shine. I have found (so far) that it lasts very well on the lips but, like most glosses, you will need to reapply a few times throughout the day. When I'm wearing a gloss I don't mind that at all. Especially when it has a light peach flavour. (SIDENOTE: Many people have claimed that there is no flavour to the lip gloss, however I find a very light peach taste when I'm wearing it.)



I was so excited that I got my hands on these two products when they were released last week. Most of the items have sold out online, and I now must wait until January 6th for when they are released in Sephora Canada stores to get anything else I am thinking about. (The eyeshadow palette will be in stores on December 26th, all other items appear to be arriving January 6th). I really enjoy this lip gloss, so I am thinking about picking up the colour Papa Don't Peach which is a nice, deeper peach colour. I think that anything lighter than Peace Tease (pictured above) might make my lips look milky, which isn't really the look I go for usually. I'm seriously considering the blush, or even the highlighting palette. Maybe, because I've been such a good girl, Santa will leave one or the other under the tree for me. Or even a Sephora Gift Card would do ...

You can bet that you will be seeing posts of makeup looks using these products in the near future. There will also be looks using the Chocolate BonBons palette, the Morphe 35O, and many more that I have gotten in my hands lately. I am so excited to show you all my journey as I get better and better with this. Makeup and skin care is truly a passion of mine and I'm so happy that I can share it all with you all. Having somewhere to talk about it is really fueling my spark even more.

As always, you can tweet me at @cherrytrish17 to talk makeup/skincare. I want to know if you love this palette or hate this palette! Hearing people's opinions on makeup really intrigues me. I want to know why it didn't work, or why it worked so well! Also, if you want to see some looks I come up with using these palettes you can find me on Instagram @cherrytrish.

I look forward to hearing from you guys!

So, until next time, goodnight my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment