Saturday 10 December 2016

Baby Wipes VS ELF Wipes VS Sephora Wipes

Generally speaking, I don't like spending money I don't have to. Over the past couple of years I would coupon my way to get baby wipes for practically nothing. Usually free (with coupons and Checkout 51) or a large three pack for less than a dollar. They seemed to do just fine when it came to taking off makeup before cleansing my skin, but I decided to bite the bullet, spend some money, and test out some makeup removing wipes.



First I purchased the ELF ones. They were $3.99 (CDN$) so I barely flinched when buying them. I had heard some of my favourite YouTubers talking about these wipes in the past and how fantastic they were. Even if they didn't use them on their faces, they used them for swatches and said they worked amazingly. I had used them every day for a few weeks and I was really impressed. Not only did they remove my makeup in a snap, I had thought my skin looked better. Clearer. The ELF wipes are larger than your average competitor which works well for me as I can get away with only using one each night. Some other makeup wipes require at least two or three to get the majority of your makeup off. When you're paying over $10 for around twenty-five wipes, having to use two or three at a time sounds a little bit ridiculous. All I see is cash in the trash.... one of my least favourite things. When it comes to ELF Makeup Removing Wipes, I had fallen in love. I'm already on my second pack and will be purchasing a back up when I go shopping tomorrow.

Next, I decided to try some wipes that were a little more expensive. Would there really be that much of a difference? On Black Friday, Sephora had a kit with their Rose Face Mask, Rose Sleeping Mask and their Rose Makeup Removing Wipes for only $13 (CDN$). That was a steal as these three products would normally add up to $23 (CDN$). I have already talked about my new obsession with sheet masks in my last blog, so you knew I would be curious to try that product as well. I have used the Sephora Rose wipes for the past two weeks. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan. I find the scent way too overpowering, almost to the point of making me nauseous, and they seem to work just as well for more than double the cost of the ELF ones. ELF gives you twenty wipes for $3.99 (CDN$) and although Sephora gives you twenty-five wipes you are going to be paying $9.99 (CDN$) for the pack. Unfortunately, I don't find enough of a difference in performance to justify this price.

Now, I will say that I did really enjoy the Rose Sheet Mask as well as the Rose Sleeping Mask. These are two products that I would purchase again. Even though the rose scent is strong in the sheet mask, I find that it isn't as potent as the makeup removing wipes. Now, I do know that Sephora wipes do come in different varieties which help with different skin concerns. I may purchase a different type in the future to try, but in the meantime I will continue to enjoy my ELF wipes.

Again, if you ever want to start a conversation about beauty, or anything really, you can reach out to me on Twitter @cherrytrish17 or Instagram @cherrytrish. 

Until next time, goodnight my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment